COVID-19: Up-to-date information on patient visitation, FAQs, donations and more. Learn More
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Discuss in depth basic cardiac physiology and bioenergetics, the pathology of the acute MI, the physiology of heart failure and cardiogenic shock, the physics behind the benefit of Impella, and NCIS protocol.
• Identify what a Cardiomem is and when it is needed
• Explain the Watchman program, how it works, and the benefit to the patient
• Demonstrate how the Penumbra functions and how it is used
• Discuss the cutting edge technology of MitraClips and TAVRS, how they work and how they benefit patients
• Determine the role of vital cardiac medications and the importance of patient compliance
• Describe the difference between CSI, Impella, and laser, and when are they appropriate to use.
This offering has been approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing for 8.4 CEU's.
This offering has been approved by the Kentucky Board of Medical Imaging and Radiology Techs for 6.0 CEU’s.