Community Fitness & Wellness
Community Fitness and Wellness (CFW) at UofL Health - Frazier Rehab Institute is a wheelchair-accessible community gym with state of the art equipment and professional staff trained to provide specialized activity-based exercise interventions to individuals with physical impairments.
CFW is now located on the ground floor of 250 E. Liberty Street, Medical Plaza II, in downtown Louisville.
- Complete the Application, including the medical release form
- Complete a gym tour and review the available intervention options
- Schedule your training sessions
- Basic gym for self-directed exercise
- Guided exercise with an exercise physiologist
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) cycling
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
HUR Easy Access Circuit Training Systems, which includes wheelchair-accessible strength training machines and a Smart Card Operating system, provides each user a personalized workout and the ability to track progress. Additional equipment includes:
- Electrical Stimulation Cycles for legs and arms
- Cardiovascular Training with VitaGlide Pro, SCI Fit Upper Extremity Bike, Recumbent bikes, and a NuStep recumbent stepper with bilateral leg stabilizers
- Strength Training with Power Plate Pro 6, dual cable cross strength training machines, adjustable weight benches, dumbbells, kettle bells, ankle/wrist weights, parallel bars, adaptable accessories, and more
For more information, call 502-582-7411